Title: Customer Service Representative
About Carolina Malt
Carolina Malt House is an award-winning and fast-growing company that manufactures and supplies malted grains to breweries and distilleries across the southeast. Uniquely positioned in the heart of the North Carolina Piedmont region, we are able to source 100% of the grain we use from within a 30-mile radius of our facility. Our proprietary growing practices, grain storing and cleaning operations, and custom designed 22-ton pneumatic malting system allow us to provide the freshest and highest quality malt in the region. Since starting operations in 2018, Carolina Malt House has built an established base of over 130 satisfied customers. To support our growth, we are hiring for the newly created position of Customer Service Representative.
The primary function of this role is to maintain and grow healthy relationships with current and future Carolina Malt customers. The day-to-day responsibilities will include handling all the needs of customers, including but not limited to collecting orders, ensuring timely deliveries, coordinating order fulfillment by routinely communicating with the production and warehouse teams, responding to all customer inquiries quickly and effectively, and providing up-to-date market analysis information for all current and upcoming products. As the primary point of contact between existing customers and Carolina Malt House, the person who holds this job will be responsible for growing existing business by analyzing our customers’ changing needs and providing real-time market feedback to management. The new Customer Service Representative will also represent Carolina Malt House at marketing and sales events, and will be expected to assist in growing and maintaining the company’s online and social media presence.
This position offers a high level of independence and the ability to work remotely certain days of the week. The position requires a strong work ethic and individual initiative and offers some opportunity to carve one’s own niche within a fast-paced and aggressive company. The Customer Service Representative will have the opportunity for advancement and additional responsibilities as the company continues to grow. The individual will be reporting directly to and working alongside the Sales Manager and will have input in steering the strategic sales plan of the company.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the craft brewing, distilling, and malting industries. He or she will be intellectually curious, pleasantly persistent, people-oriented, coachable, and self-driven.
To apply for this position, please email a resume, cover letter, and up to three references to email@example.com. The target start date for this position is April 27th, 2020.
- Must live, or be willing to relocate, within 50 miles of the malt house (i.e. in or near Charlotte, Winston Salem/Greensboro, Statesville, Salisbury, NC)
- Work directly with the Sales Manager to develop and implement sales strategies to support overall company sales and profit growth targets
- Under the direction of the Sales Manager, develop, grow, and maintain a robust, web-based customer relationship management system that captures all key aspects of our customers’ business, especially as it relates to their relationship with Carolina Malt
- Establish and maintain direct personal relationships with existing accounts
- Work with customers to explore contracting options and volume discounts
- Represent Carolina Malt House at industry sales and marketing events
- Collect and log all orders from current and future customers
- Inform customers of new product offerings, co-branding/marketing opportunities, and events
- Effectively communicate delivery routes and times to customers
- Work with warehouse and production teams to ensure order fulfillment
- Respond to all customer inquiries quickly and effectively
- Work with the Sales Manager to initiate creative marketing and promotional plans
- Go on ride-alongs with Sales Manager to interface with customers
- Consistently provide up-to-date product analysis information for all current and future products
- Provide regular, factual market feedback to the Sales Manager
- Meet with Sales Manager (in Charlotte or at Malt House) as necessary (1-2 times/week)
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Sales Manager
Skills & Experience
- Humility, ambition, and emotional intelligence
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or Fermentation Sciences preferred
- Two (2) years of B2B Sales and/or Account Service Experience preferred
- Experience with Pipedrive or similar CRM software preferred
- Experience selling to and/or managing accounts within Brewing & Distilling Industries preferred
- Experience in online marketing and social media management preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work with sales forecasts and other financial reports
- People, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent listener
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, as well as independently
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively from a remote location
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (we actually use LibreOffice, which is very similar) and Google Cloud
Carolina Malt House offers competitive base pay along with bonus incentives based on revenue milestones.