Job Title: Delivery Driver
About Carolina Malt
Carolina Malt House is an award-winning and fast-growing company that malts grains for breweries and distilleries across the southeast. Positioned in the heart of the North Carolina grain-growing region, we source 100% of our barley from within a 10-mile radius of our facility. Our growing practices, grain storing and cleaning operations, and custom-designed, 22-ton pneumatic malting systems allow us to provide the freshest and highest quality malt in the region. Since starting operations in 2018, Carolina Malt House has built an established base of over 130 satisfied customers. To support our growth, we are hiring for the position of Delivery Driver.
The primary function of this role is delivering malt to Carolina Malt House customers in a timely and efficient manner using Company-owned vehicles. The ideal candidate will be interested in craft beer and will interact positively and efficiently with our customers in delivering orders.
To apply for this position, please email a resume and up to three references to email@example.com. The target start date for this position is August 9th, 2021.
- Drive delivery routes to various locations within a day’s travel round-trip. Operate on a flexible schedule to accommodate some days with long routes and other days with shorter routes.
- Safely, patiently, and efficiently operate the company’s delivery vehicles.
- Effectively communicate delivery routes and times to customers; act as customers’ day-of-delivery point of contact for delivery details.
- Ensure that delivery tickets are signed and completed for each delivery, and returned to the company’s accounting department.
- Work with warehouse and account servicing teams to ensure order fulfillment; assist in bagging orders when needed.
- Track proper maintenance on the delivery truck, including but not limited to the tracking of oil changes, transmission fluid changes, tire condition, etc. Perform oil changes as needed and learn how to perform additional routine maintenance.
- Proactively assist customers in avoiding charges under Carolina Malt House’s pallet recovery and deposit program by recovering company-owned pallets while making deliveries.
- Must live, or be willing to relocate, within 50 miles of the malt house (i.e. in or near Charlotte, Winston Salem/Greensboro, Statesville, Salisbury, NC)
- Report daily to Office Manager to ensure that all delivery-related tasks have been completed
Skills & Experience
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License (CDL not required at this time)
- Have and maintain reasonably clean driving record (any DUI or reckless driving will disqualify, expect to discuss and explain any traffic ticket)
- Problem-solving and analytical ability
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, as well as independently
- Able to lift and carry 50 pounds repeatedly
- Able to be forklift certified
- Positive attitude
Carolina Malt House offers competitive pay commensurate with experience.